- Become an Owner
Open a CrossFit Gym
From an idea to opening day, we’ll help you every step of the way with checklists, coaching and programming resources, business advice, and tips from successful CrossFit gym owners around the world.
- Start Planning
Check out our Start-up Costs worksheet to see what you need to open your dream gym.
- CrossFit HQ Resources
CrossFit Affiliate Programming
Check out everything CAP has to offer.
How Do I Get Started?
With over 13,000 CrossFit affiliates worldwide, we have a community of small business owners who have built their dream businesses. Once you PAY your APPLICATION FEE, you’ll get access to the Affiliate Starter Kit, the Affiliate Partner Network, and more!
- Six months of access to all resources in the Affiliate Toolkit, including the Affiliate Starter Kit course.
- Discounts on flooring, cleaning supplies, software, and more to reduce the cost of opening and maintaining a gym.
- Guidance to create a business plan so you know how much capital you need, how much revenue you can expect, and the strategy you’ll need to implement to grow.
- Critical tips on choosing a location that will contribute to the long-term success of your gym
- Facility design tips that reduce expenses and safely increase class sizes.
- How to build a marketing plan that will keep people walking through your doors and convert to paying members.
- Sales skills and processes you’ll need to build a thriving (and profitable) community.
- Checklists for hiring and developing your staff.
- Financial planning to avoid the most common and costly mistakes.
What’s included in my APPLICATION FEE?
CrossFit empowers people to become business owners. Nowhere else in the fitness industry is the cost to start a brand-recognized gym so low. We do this so CrossFit can be part of the movement that changes people’s lives through fitness. The annual affiliation fee is US$4,500.
Our support doesn’t end when you pay your application fee. You’ll have access to the Affiliate Toolkit and other resources for six months, including:
- Affiliate Starter Kit – interactive, detailed course designed to help new gyms owners in the early stages of gym ownership.
- Affiliate Partner Network – amazing discounts on gym software and supplies.
- Affiliate Owner Roundtables – moderated group sessions with other gym owners.
- Affiliate Programming – access to daily, effective workout programming.
- Affiliate Playbook – a guide to opening and running a successful gym.
- Affiliate Marketing Kit – step-by-step guidance to get more members into your gym.
Owning a CrossFit affiliate has given me the chance to work with a wide variety of people with a wide variety of goals. Prior to CrossFit, I coached people who always seemed to have the same goals, and we used the same methods to help them reach their goals without ever really making a lasting change. With CrossFit, we can help people move better and find a sustainable way for them to improve their health and fitness while having fun at the same time. We pride ourselves on having coaches that genuinely care about the progress of our members and CrossFit has given us the opportunity to belong to a global community that fosters the same level of care
Jon Colborn, CrossFit Omnia, Denver, Colorado
Opening a CrossFit affiliate has allowed me to positively impact people’s lives by promoting fitness and health, creating a community around a shared passion and building a successful business with meaningful career opportunities for others who want to do the same. Additionally, my CrossFit affiliate enabled me to successfully transition out of the confines of the corporate world into an entrepreneurial environment where success is directly correlated to effort. I’m helping others, spending more time with my family, and pursuing my passion.
Craig Howard , CrossFit Diablo, Walnut Creek, California
Early on, we realized exactly how powerful a tool for positive change CrossFit could be. We fell in love with the method, the ethos, and the global community, and wanted to create a space in which we could deliver an authentic representation of CrossFit to the people in our city. CrossFit's emphasis on quality coaching changed the way that we viewed sport, training, and the fitness industry as a whole. We are proud to have been a driving force for bringing CrossFit to Scotland and the U.K.
Gavin Heselton and Iain Barbour, CrossFit Glasgow, Glasgow, Scotland
GET THE AFFILIATE PLAYBOOK TODAY!
Enter your email to get a FREE Playbook. Multiple languages available.
See What Your Start-Up Costs Would Be
I've been an operational affiliate owner for a little over three years now and started the Global Mentorship Program a little over two months ago. I'm really happy with the level of personalization I've received from both my business and coach mentors. Oftentimes as an affiliate owner, you really feel like you are on your own chasing after a million shiny objects. It can be distracting and pull you away from the most important tasks. For me, having someone to report to each week has given me the accountability I need to follow through with my weekly homework given by my mentors.
Alex Rolfs, BP CrossFit, Plover, Wisconsin
The mentorship (program) has been absolutely invaluable! Prior to the program, we truly felt lost and that we needed help. We are so glad that we had the opportunity to join the program.
Steven Hicks , CrossFit Reinforce, Orlando, Florida
Small Businesses, Profound Results
No gimmicks — just effective fitness, knowledgeable coaches, and a community that cares.